Tuesday, January 25, 2011

The Future in Communications

The world is changing so quickly and drastically that it becomes difficult to predict the future for any career or job. Thankfully we have learned ways to adapt to new technologies in order to keep up with everything and communicating is one of the best assets to have.

Studying communications has been an important tool in adjusting to the changing scheme of the world. So many companies and businesses struggle to maintain public perception of products and ideas because they do not know how to approach and relate to the new consumer. Whether it be selling electronics or lobbying political bills, I want to be able to use my degree to better connect the population with products, tools and ideas that can produce positive change.

I am by no means a visionary, but I do see the potential of what the world can become instead of what it currently is. I may not end up working directly with third world countries and developing nations, but I will try to work with corporations that make it a priority to extend their aide to countries that desperately need the assistance. In developing and executing plans for change, communication becomes the most important step in the process. If I can help with any part of that process then I will be satisfied knowing that I was able to bring a company's idea for change to life.

No comments:

Post a Comment